Dessert Waffles With Spiced Blueberry Sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided *
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (4 -1/2 inch) frozen waffles, toasted, or freshly made waffles
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
* Measure frozen blueberries without thawing.
In a small saucepan, thoroughly combine cornstarch with 1/3 cup cold water, stir in half of the blueberries, the sugar, cinnamon and black pepper. Over medium heat, bring to a boil; boil until sauce is clear, about 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in remaining blueberries; cool. Place warm waffles on dessert plates. Scoop ice cream onto waffles; top with Spiced Blueberry Sauce.