Blueberry White Wine Sangria
- 2 cups (300 g) B.C. Blueberries, fresh or frozen - divided
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Honey
- ½ cup (120 ml) Orange liqueur
- 1 bottle (750 ml) White wine
- ½ cup (75 g) Apple, sliced
- ½ cup (75 g) Strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup (120 ml) Orange juice
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Lime juice
- ½ cup (120ml) Club soda (optional)
- In a pitcher combine 1 cup of the blueberries and honey and gently muddle until fruit is lightly crushed but not pureed.
- Add the orange liqueur, wine, remaining blueberries, apple, strawberries, orange and lime juice.
- Serve over ice.
- For a lighter drink top with club soda.
This recipe can be made with fresh or frozen blueberries. If you use frozen berries, the sangria will end up being more pink in colour than in the photo.