Blueberry Ginger Pancakes
10 - 12 pancakes
- 2 cups (300 g) B.C. blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups (275 g) All-purpose unbleached flour
- ¼ cup (50 g) Granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Baking powder
- ¼ tsp (pinch) Salt
- 2 large (100 g) Eggs
- 1½ cups (360 ml) Milk (or buttermilk if preferred)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Fresh ginger root, finely grated
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Vegetable oil
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Butter
- Maple syrup for serving
- In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs, then mix in the milk, oil, ginger and vanilla.
- Make a well at the centre of the flour mixture, pour the egg mixture into the flour all at once and stir. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Heat vegetable oil and butter in a non-stick pan over a medium heat.
- Scoop a large spoonful of batter into the heated pan. Cook until golden on each side and serve immediately with maple syrup.