Blueberry Granola Bars
- 1.5 cups (140 g) Rolled oats, gluten-free if necessary
- 1.5 cups (30 g) Puffed brown rice cereal, unsweetened
- 1 cup (150 g) B.C blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup (70 g) Almonds, chopped
- ⅓ cup (50 g) Sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup (60 g) Dried B.C. blueberries
- 3 tbsp (25 g) Flax seeds, ground
- 2 tbsp (22 g) Chia seeds
- ¾ cup (180 ml) Brown rice syrup
- ¾ cup (180 ml) Unsweetened nut butter or nut-free butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Orange zest
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Coconut oil or butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (pinch) Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F/163°C. Grease a 9 x 9” baking dish and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, puffed rice, fresh blueberries, almonds, sunflower seeds, dried blueberries, flax and chia seeds.
- In a non-stick pan, heat the rice syrup, nut butter, orange zest, orange juice, coconut oil, cinnamon and salt, whisk until well combined and heated through.
- Pour the warmed nut butter mixture into the granola and combine to coat all the ingredients. Transfer to the baking dish and press down firmly with the back of a spatula.
- Bake in the middle rack of the pre-heated oven for 55 - 60 minutes.
- Allow to rest at room temperature until cooled.
- Remove block of granola from pan, peel away parchment paper and cut into bars.