Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Cake
- 1-1/3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup frozen blueberries*
* One (12-ounce) bag of frozen blueberries contains about 2-1/4 cups
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease an 8-inch round baking pan; set aside. In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a 1-cup measure stir milk, oil and egg; pour all at once into flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Fold in blueberries; spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake until cake is golden and pulls away from sides of pan 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool on a rack, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve warm.
*Blueberries should be firmly frozen when used in baking.