Healthy Vegan Blueberry Pancakes (Gluten Free)
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup BC blueberries, frozen or fresh (plus lots more for topping)
- 2 tbsp flax seed + 5 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 mashed banana (1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, mix the oat flour, almond flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Mix flax seed and water and set aside for 5-10 minutes until it forms a gel-like consistency.
- In a separate bowl, mix mashed banana, almond milk, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, and flaxseed + water mixture.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together, then add the 1 cup of blueberries to the batter.
- Heat pan or griddle to medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Scoop batter onto pan in small pancake shapes (2-3 small spoonfuls of batter per pancake). **Note: smaller pancakes will be much easier to flip - when using almond/oat flour it can be harder to flip pancakes so by making them smaller makes it easier to work with (plus you get more pancakes!)
- Let cook for 5-6 minutes or until bubbles form on the top, and when you can comfortably get a spatula underneath the pancake to flip it without breaking the pancake in half, it is cooked enough to flip. Flip the pancake and let it cook for another 1-2 minutes and then remove from the pan.
- Top with more blueberries and whatever pancake syrup you would like. Maple syrup pairs really nicely with this, as does a drizzle of peanut butter or almond butter.