Blueberry Apple Crisp with Hazelnuts
- 4 cups (600 g) BC blueberries, fresh or frozen (do not thaw if using frozen)
- 3 cups (450 g) Granny Smith apples, cored, peeled and cut into ½” cubes
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Maple syrup
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) All purpose unbleached flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Cinnamon
- 2 cups (200 g) Old fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup (75 g) Toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- ½ cup (100 g) Brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup (32 g) All purpose unbleached flour
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Cinnamon
- ½ cup (115 g) Salted butter, chilled and cubed
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F/180°C with rack positioned in the centre. Butter a 9” x 12” baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix the blueberries, apples, maple syrup, flour, lemon juice and cinnamon. Transfer to the buttered baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine the oats, hazelnuts, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Using your fingers or a fork, rub butter into oat mixture until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over fruit mixture.
- Bake for 60 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbly.