- 1 ¼ cups 225g sultana raisins
- 1 ¼ cups 225g golden raisins
- ½ cup 85g dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup 80g mixed candied citrus peel
- ½ cup 125ml brown sugar
- ½ cup 125ml margarine or butter, softened
- 1 tsp 5 ml grated lemon rind, yellow part only
- 2 Tbsp 30ml brandy
- 1 Tbsp 15ml lemon juice
- 1 tsp 15ml ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp 2.5ml ground cloves
- ½ tsp 2.5ml ground ginger
- ½ tsp 2.5ml ground nutmeg
- 4 cups 1L BC Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Combine first 13 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in blueberries, and let mixture sit overnight in the refrigerator to allow flavours to combine, and raisins to plump.
- If not using immediately, either pack closely in sterilized jars and process, or freeze.
- To use, spoon into pre-made pie shells and bake for approximately 20 minutes.