- 1-2/3 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup, divided Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup, divided Heavy cream
- 4 cups Blueberries
- 1-1/2 pounds (6 medium) Nectarines, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons Quick-cooking tapioca
1. In the bowl of a food processor, fitted with chopping blade, combine flour, 1/4 cup of the sugar, the butter, baking powder and salt. Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1 tablespoon of the cream; add the remaining cream to flour mixture; process until dough starts to form a ball, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
2. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently pat it together. Divide dough into eight 2-inch balls; flatten into rounds; wrap and refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the blueberries, nectarines, 3 tablespoons of the remaining sugar, and the tapioca; let stand 20 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread blueberry mixture in a shallow 2-1/2-quart baking dish; arrange dough rounds on top. Brush rounds with the reserved cream; sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake until the filling bubbles and the topping has browned, about 50 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.