Blueberry White Chocolate Gluten-Free Cupcakes
- 1.5 cups (195 g) Gluten-free all purpose flour
- ½ cup (60 g) Almond flour
- 1.5 tsp (7.5 ml) Xanthan gum
- 1.5 tsp (7.5 ml) Baking powder
- 1.5 tsp (7.5 ml) Baking soda
- ¼ tsp (pinch) Salt
- 3/4 cup (180 g) Unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup (150 g) White sugar
- 2 (100 g) Large eggs (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) 14% Sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Lemon zest (approximately the zest from 1 large lemon)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Lemon juice - fresh
- 2 cups (300 g) B.C. blueberries - fresh or frozen, divided in half
- 1 cup (150 g) Gluten-free white chocolate chunks, divided in half
- ½ cup (125 g) Cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup (80 g) Unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) Lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp (pinch) Salt
- 1 cup (100 g) Confectioner’s/Icing sugar, sifted
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F/160°C and place baking cups in a large muffin pan.
- In a bowl, combine the gluten-free flour, almond flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, whisk to remove clumps and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, approximately 1 minute. Beat the eggs in one at a time.
- Alternately mix in the gluten free flour mixture, sour cream, lemon zest and juice, in three intervals. Gently fold in half of the blueberries and half of the white chocolate.
- Spoon into the lined muffin pan. Top with the remaining blueberries and white chocolate
- Bake in the middle rack of a pre-heated 350°F/160°C oven for 45-55 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes in the muffin pan, then invert on a cooling rack. Cool completely before frosting.
- In a bowl cream together the cream cheese, butter, lemon juice and salt. Slowly add in the sifted confectioner’s/icing sugar until creamy.
- Frost onto cooled cupcakes.