Blueberry Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb (450 g) Lean ground turkey
- ¾ cup (115 g) B.C. blueberries, fresh or frozen, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup (30 g) Green onion, chopped
- 1 Large egg
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Whole grain mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Fresh parsley, chopped or 2 tsp dry
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Fresh thyme, chopped or 1 tsp dry
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Garlic, finely minced or dry
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Paprika, mild or hot
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Salt
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Black pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Bread crumbs or ground flax seeds (if needed)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Barbecue sauce
- 4 Whole grain burger buns
- Pre-heat a heavy bottom pan or barbecue to 350°F/175°C.
- In a bowl, mix all the burger ingredients and form four ¾” thick patties. If mixture appears to wet, add bread crumbs or flax. Keep refrigerated until ready to cook.
- Grease the grill with an oiled paper towel, or heat the oil in the pan.
- Place patties on the pre-heated grill plate (or in pan), and sear on medium-high heat, cooking for approximately 5-7 minutes until browned. Carefully flip over, reduce the heat to medium-low and finish cooking for another 5-7 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165°F/75°C.
- Brush with barbecue sauce and serve on buns with condiments as desired.