Mini Beef Blueberry and Lentil Meatloaf
Blueberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup (75g) B.C Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ⅓ cup (65g) Brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup (60ml) Tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp (15ml) Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp (10ml) Chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped- optional to taste
- 1 lb (454g) Lean ground beef
- ½ cup (75g) B.C Blueberries, fresh or frozen (do not thaw if using frozen)
- ½ cup (75g) Lentils, cooked and cooled (substitute canned if desired)
- ⅓ cup (40g) Bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup (40g) Onion, grated
- ¼ cup (25g) Carrot, finely grated
- 1 large (50g) Egg
- 1 tbsp (15ml) Tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp (10ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5ml) Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp (5ml) Garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5ml) Mild paprika
- 1 tsp (5ml) Salt
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) Pepper
- For the BBQ sauce, in a saucepan bring the blueberries, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, mustard and chipotle to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes until thickened. Allow to cool then puree in a blender or with a hand blender.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F/190°C. Grease the mini loaf pan.
- For the meatloaf, mix the ingredients together in a large bowl until combined. Press mixture into mini loaf pan.
- Set aside 2 tbsp of BBQ sauce for dipping then spread the remaining over top of meatloaves.
- Bake for 15 minutes then raise heat to 425°F/218°C and bake for another 5-7 minutes, until centre reaches 175°F/80°C. Rest for 10 minutes before serving.