Baked Pork Spring Rolls with Blueberry Dipping Sauce
- 1 lb (450 g) Lean ground pork
- ¼ cup (30 g) Green onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp (10 g) Ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp (10 g) Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Chili paste (Sambal Oelek)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Rice vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Pepper
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Salt
- 12 Wheat-based spring roll pastry sheets – 8 x 8”, thawed
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Grapeseed oil
For Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup (150 g) B.C. blueberries - fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Honey
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Chili paste (Sambal Oelek)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Cilantro – fresh, chopped
1. Pre heat oven to 350°F/160°C. Grease an 8” x 14” non-stick cookie sheet with oil.
2. Thaw spring roll pastry sheets, keeping covered in a damp clean towel.
3. In a large bowl, mix the raw ground pork, green onion, ginger, garlic, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chili paste, rice vinegar and pepper.
4. Lay a sheet of spring roll wrapper on a clean flat surface., and place 2-3 tablespoons of the pork mixture in top third of the wrapper sheet and roll, folding the ends in to form a 3.5” roll.
5. Place on an oiled cookie sheet, seam side down and brush generously with grapeseed oil.
6. Bake in the middle rack of a pre-heated 350°F/160°C oven for 45-60 minutes until golden grown.
7. Remove from cookie sheet immediately to avoid sticking. Serve with Tangy Blueberry dipping sauce.
1. In a sauce pan bring blueberries, honey and chili paste to a simmer and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes.
2. Cool the mixture and then puree in a blender until smooth. Stir in the lime juice and cilantro.