Berry Blueberry Chutney
- 4 cups (1 L) frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup (75 mL) sugar
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons (7 mL) grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon (1 to 2 mL) crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) ground black pepper
- In a medium nonreactive saucepan combine blueberries, cranberry sauce, sugar, balsamic vinegar, orange peel, ginger, and red and black peppers.
- Bring to a boil; boil uncovered, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pour into clean jars; cover and refrigerate up to 3 weeks, place in canning jars and process according to manufacturer's directions, or place in covered plastic containers and freeze.
- Serve with roasted or grilled turkey, chicken or pork, if desired.