- 1/2 diced half onion
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 jalapéno (seeded and diced)
- 2 tbsp chill powder
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup BC frozen blueberries
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp smooth almond butter
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Heat oil in a large pan, then add the onion. Cook until onions are translucent and soft. Add garlic and jalapeño and continue cooking for another couple of minutes.
- Add in the chilli powder, flour, cinnamon, ground cumin, oregano, and frozen blueberries. Stir until combined and blueberries are thawed.
- Remove from heat and stir in vegetable stock.
- Transfer sauce to a blender and purée until smooth. Then return to pan on medium-high heat.
- Add almond butter, tomato paste, cocoa powder, and sea salt. Whisk until everything is combined and let the mixture thicken a bit.
- Serve on tacos, stuffed poblano peppers, or whatever else your heart desires.