Market Access News and Opportunities
CFIA information on COVID-19
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is working diligently to address the challenges and concerns raised by industry and consumers regarding COVID-19. The CFIA will continue to deliver critical services that serve to preserve the integrity of Canada's food safety system while safeguarding its animal and plant resource base. More information here.
Canada Food Inspection Agency has a list of general requirements for fruit and vegetable export here. For commodity-specific information please contact CFIA.
We currently have market access in the following countries:
- United States (Fresh and Frozen) No tariffs in 2020. For updates on the US tariff situation please check-in regularly.
- China (Fresh and Frozen)
- 2020 Fresh tariff rate 30%
- 2020 Frozen tariff rate 30%
- Japan (Frozen)- 0% (No tariff in 2020)
- New Zealand (Frozen)- 0% (No tariff in 2020)
- South Korea (Frozen) - 2020 tariff rate 4.3% drops to 0% by 2021
- India (Frozen)- 30% tariff in 2019, 2020 number not reported
We are in the progress of negotiating market access to new market Vietnam and establishing fresh access in South Korea, New Zealand, Japan, And South Korea by 2025.