Blueberry Breakfast Toaster Tarts
- 2 cups (260g) All purpose unbleached flour, plus ½ cup for rolling
- 2 tbsp (30ml) Confectioner’s sugar
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) Salt
- 1 cup (227g) Unsalted butter, cut into cubes and chilled
- ¼ cup (60ml) Ice water
- 1 tbsp (15ml) Vinegar
- 2 cups (300g) B.C. Blueberries
- ½ cup (100g) Granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) Lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tbsp (30ml) Lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5ml) Cornstarch mixed with 1 tsp of cold water
- 1 tsp (5ml) Pure vanilla Extract
- 1 large (50g) Egg, whisked with a tablespoon of milk
- 1 tbsp (15ml) Coarse sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F/205°C. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Dough: combine all dry ingredients in large bowl; add cold butter until crumbly. Mix ice water & vinegar 1 tbsp at a time with hands. Form 2 discs; seal & chill for 1 hour. Remove dough from fridge 10 min before rolling.
- Filling: boil ingredients (except cornstarch mixture); simmer 10 min until reduced. Add cornstarch mixture & vanilla, simmer 1 min. Cool.
- Roll discs into two ⅛” thick 14” x 14” sheets on floured surface. Trim edges and cut into five 3” x 5” rectangles. Brush edges with egg wash, fill centre with 1 tbsp filling. Top with another rectangle. Seal edges with fork and poke holes in tops. Brush tops & edges with egg wash, sprinkle with coarse sugar, bake 15 min until golden.