Blueberry Orange Spice Pancakes
- 1½ cups (225 g) B.C blueberries, fresh or frozen (do not thaw)
- 2 cups (275 g) All-purpose unbleached flour
- 3 tsp (15 mL) Baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp (pinch) Ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp (pinch) Ground clove
- ¼ tsp (pinch) Salt
- 2 large (100 g) Eggs
- ¾ cup (180 mL) Milk
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Butter, melted and cooled
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Orange zest, finely grated
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, toss 1 tsp of flour with the blueberries and set aside. If using frozen return to freezer.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, spices and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs, milk, butter, maple syrup, orange zest, juice and vanilla.
- Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture. Fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a ¼ tsp of vegetable oil in a non-stick pan over a medium low heat.
- Spoon a ¼ cup of batter into the heated pan, cook until golden on each side and serve immediately with fresh blueberries and maple syrup.