Vegetable Blueberry Summer Rolls
Yields 8 - 10 rolls, ¾ cup of dipping sauce
- 10 8” Round rice paper wrappers (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 cup (150 g) B.C. blueberries, fresh
- 1 cup (150 g) Tofu or chicken, cut into ½” x 2” strips
- 1 cup (50 g) Whole spinach leaves, stems removed
- ½ cup (50 g) Avocado, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (50 g) Cucumber, seeded and cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup (50 g) Bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup (50 g) Carrot, cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup (50 g) Daikon radish, cut into matchsticks (optional)
- ¼ cup (15 g) Mint leaves, roughly chopped (optional)
Blueberry Peanut Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup (75 g) B.C. Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Unsweetened peanut butter
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Orange juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Chili paste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Sesame oil
- Fill a large shallow bowl with 1½” warm water.
- Place a sheet of rice paper in the water for 30-40 seconds until softened. Replace with fresh warm water every 2 or 3 rolls.
- Transfer wrapper to a dry tea towel then to a dry surface.
- Place spinach and avocado across the top of the wrapper, leaving 1" on each side.
- Place ingredients in centre of wrapper, leaving 1" on each side.
- Fold bottom of the wrapper over the filling, rolling away from you.
- Fold sides once you roll half way then finish rolling.
- Cut in half - serve with dipping sauce.
- To make sauce, place all ingredients in blender, and blend until smooth.
If you're packing these for school lunches, use a seed butter to make a peanut-free dipping sauce.