Salads & Appetizers
Blueberry Spinach Pakoras
15 - 20 pakoras
- 4 cups (950 mL) Vegetable oil
- 3 cups (120 g) Fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup (150 g) B.C blueberries, fresh or frozen (do not thaw)
- 1 cup (75 g) Onion, diced
- ¼ cup (10 g) Cilantro, chopped
- ¾ cup (120 g) Chickpea flour
- 3 tbsp (30 mL) Cornstarch
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Cumin seeds, whole
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Ground coriander seeds
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Hot paprika powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Ground turmeric
- 1 tsp (10 mL) Salt
- ½ cup (120 mL) Water
- In a large deep pot, pre heat oil on medium heat to 350°F/176°C.
- In a bowl mix the spinach, blueberries, onion and cilantro.
- Mix in the chickpea flour, cornstarch, spices and salt. Gently mix in the water.
- Scoop tablespoons of batter for each fritter in the oil. Fry each side for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately with minted yoghurt and a squeeze of fresh lime.