Salads & Appetizers
Soba Noodle Salad with Blueberries
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Fresh orange Juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Sesame oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Honey
- 4 cups (600 g) Soba/buckwheat noodles, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup (150 g) B.C blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ¾ cup (100 g) Extra firm tofu or cooked chicken, cubed
- ½ cup (65 g) Mandarin segments, chopped
- ½ cup (50 g) Snap peas, chopped
- ½ cup (50 g) Carrot, 1” long thin julienne
- ¼ cup (30 g) Bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Sesame Seeds-optional
- In a large bowl, whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients until combined.
- Add all the prepared salad ingredients and toss with the vinaigrette.
- Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
If you're allergic to gluten, make sure that the noodles you use are made of 100% buckwheat flour, and not a mix of buckwheat flour and regular flour.